Mold Inspection and Testing
Mold inspection and testing
Mold inspection and testing include assessment of the indoor air quality and identification of the causes as well as the levels of fungal growth in the building. It is only through identification and fixing of the causes of fungal growth in the building that mold growth can be controlled. Fungi produce spores that are released into the air. Fungal spores are found everywhere in the outside air. The problem starts when the fungal spores begin to grow inside our home or workplace. Often all that is needed is a moisture source. Fungal exposure can cause minor allergic reactions to severe health issues.
Steps in Mold Inspection and Testing
Mold inspections are preformed to identify the levels of mold contamination. It is a good first step in solving mold problem. Mold inspection and testing not only identifies the level of contamination and risks to occupants, but will identify the causes of mold problem and provide solutions to prevent it from growing in the future.Mold inspection and testing involve the following steps:
- Getting and reviewing any available background information (e.g., history of water damage, sequence of renovations or operations, reports of odours or adverse health effects)
- A walkthrough to assess the extent of mold growth
- Intrusive inspections into walls or other cavities to detect the presence of hidden mold growth, where information or observations suggest the possibility of mold.
- Designing effective mold sampling strategies. In some circumstances, collection and testing of air and/or surface samples may be useful to correlate the visual findings and to document current conditions
- Mold sampling and submating samples to an accredited laboratory for analysis
- Interpretation of field data and laboratory results
- Writing a report that details the findings of the inspection and laboratory analysis and the recommendations on how to get rid of the mold
When is Mold Inspection Necessary
Mold inspection and testing may be conducted under the following situations:
- Health Concerns
If occupants of a home or office experience persistent unexplained health issues when inside the home or office. Mold inspection and testing can confirm or rule out mold as the likely cause of the illnesses.
- Real Estate Transactions
Most homebuyers are now aware that mold inspection may save them thousands of dollars if it's performed prior to purchasing a home. If mold is detected during inspection it's possible for the buyer to negotiate for a lower price or to have the problem fixed before buying the home.
- Water Damage
Following flooding or other forms of water damage it is important to conduct mold inspection to ensure there is no mold growth. Mold inspection may detect hidden leaks that lead to mold growth.
- Marijuana Grow Operations
Marijuana grow operations are a growing problem accross North America. Once busted, most city authorities will ask for mold inspection and testing after remediation. Marijuana grow operations often lead to mold growth and structural damage of the property.
Cost: $275.56 CAD Buy Now