How To Take Mold Samples Training Course
Mold test results are only as good as the sampling procedure. Some of the mistakes mold inspectors make include submitting inadequate samples, submitting inappropriate samples, or collecting samples wrongly. Results from such samples are difficult to interpret. In this course you'll learn how to correctly take mold samples.
There are a variety of samples one can collect during a mold inspection. These include air (viable and nonviable), bulk, swab, tape, and surface scraped samples.
- Viable air samples are collected in agar dishes containing malt extract agar (MEA). These samples require culturing and normally taken 7-15 days for the lab to finish the analysis and reporting.
- Nonviable air samples are collected in cassettes such as Air-O-Cell, Allergenco D or similar other cassettes. These samples do not require culturing and the analysis takes between 1-3 days to complete.
- Bulk samples are typically pieces of material with mold growing on them that are cut from contaminated building materials.
- Tape samples are collected by sticking clear scotch tape onto the surface of the visible mold. These samples are not cultured and therefore can be analyzed within 1-3 business days.
- Swab samples, as the name suggest are collected using swabs. These samples can be analyzed by direct microscopic examination or by culturing. We do not recommend use of Q-tips because they are normally not sterile.
- Surface scraped samples are literally scraped from the moldy material and bagged and properly labeled for lab analysis.
It is important to note that it is always advisable to take both an outdoor and an indoor air to have a comparation during mold results interpretation.
Topics covered in the courseThe course on How To Take Mold Samples covers:
- Mold sampling protocols
- Mold sampling equipment
- Mold sampling media
- Types of samples
- viable air samples
- Non-viable air samples
- Surface and bulk samples
Who might benefit from this How To Take Mold Samples training course?You may benefit from this course if you are:
- An industrial hygienist
- An environmental consultant dealing with indoor mold
- A home Inspector
- A general contractor
- A cleaning and restoration contractor
- A property manager
- A person interested in increasing your knowledge on mold sampling
Cost: $59.04 CAD Buy Now
How long does it take to complete the How To Take Mold Samples training course?
The course is designed to take 2-4 hours. However, to make it flexible and convenient to fit into your busy schedule, we don't limit the time you take to complete the course. You can complete the course in a day or a week if you wish.
How is the How To Take Mold Samples training course taught?
The course consists of slide presentations. We have included some audio but you may want to mute the audio and read through the slides. Towards the end of each topic is a quiz. The final score is the average of all the 8 topics.
Are certificates awarded?
Upon successful completion, a certificate is prepared and mailed to the course participant. Be sure to send us your mailing address after you complete the course.
How to register for the course
1: Pay for the course by clicking the BUY BUTTON below. A notification will be sent to us confirming your payment.
2: After paying you'll be redirect to a page with clear instructions on how to create an account. If you are not redirected to the page with instructions, contact us by phone or email.
3: Once you create an account, we shall give you access to the course. The courses are available 24/7 from anywhere with access to internet connection. Enjoy!
Cost: $59.04 CAD Buy Now